The Cake Slice Member Rules
- Every month four recipes are selected from our current baking book, choose one recipe to bake.
- Every month’s recipe must be kept secret from non members until posting day – 20th of every month.
- Members are required to miss no more than 3 consecutive months of cake recipes without a valid explanation. We want a dedicated team of regular and enthusiastic bakers.
The Cake Slice Recipe Rules
- You must bake the cake using the flavors and ingredients according to the recipe, although alternations are permitted if you have an allergy to an ingredient, an ingredient is not available where you live, or due to religious or health reasons.
- Additional ingredients or substitutions are also permitted as long as you follow the basic recipe e.g. using pecans instead of walnuts, hot chocolate instead of coffee or adding a layer of jam to your cake layers.
- The size, shape and decoration of the finished cake is up to you – if the recipe states a triple layer cake and you want to bake a Bundt or cupcakes instead then feel free – just follow the basic recipe and state in your post how you altered the cake.
The most important rule is to have fun and enjoy eating cake!